Thursday

Open Studios



BARBARA B. ROSIN




Dear Friends,

As I write this now, I am sitting and drawing at the Medici Fountain in Paris' Luxembourg Jardin, one of my most treasured places. The temperature is 73 degrees, the sun dapples through this grand cathedral allee of London plane trees. I hear the subdued tones of so many languages spoken nearby, birds' song and burbling water. I'm trying to capture the delicate gesture of the lovely, curving railing in front of me . . . the heart fills with joy, and all seems right with the world.

Images and memories appear in spirit - and I wish I could share this serenity with everyone I care about.

I find a remembrance of long ago times, and emotions, weaving their ways into my paintings and drawings.

In paintings that clients have recently commissioned, I've been interpreting their favorite scenes [and possibly, their memories], with my painting style. I've enjoyed portraying others' experiences in this way, and it is something I hope to continue doing.

Scenes such as this in the Luxembourg Jardin, drawing my "Italian mystery trees" in Hyde Park, or painting the far shore of Lago Trasimeno are things I love to do, and scenes I want to capture. I'm sure others have experienced similar moments in special places – and this is how a “commission” begins.

Consider how you'd like to have your own treasured scene in a painting. Bring me your thoughts, perhaps your own photo, or possibly beginning with an image that catches your eye from my website . . . barbarinaart.blogspot.com*

*There is never an obligation to purchase the finished painting if the client is not perfectly happy with it. A painting also makes a special gift for someone else.

* * * * * * * * * * 
With great pleasure, I invite you to 
my Open Studio this September!  


SEPTEMBER 2010 
SOLO EXHIBIT - BARBARA B. ROSIN
JOURNEY TO 
TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN   

Ryan John Art Salon
The Piazza at Schmidt's, Suite 51
1050 N. Hancock Street - Northern Liberties
Philadelphia, PA 215.925.6900 


I hope that you will come by!
- Bobby




* * * * * * * * * *  
  Visit the Friends of the Barnes website at Friends of the Barnes
My paintings are linked to Save the Barnes Legal Defense Fund. 

* * * * * * * * * *  
THANKS FOR VISITING!
ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL 215.242.1811
OR EMAIL ME AT ROSIN.B@GMAIL.COM